Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I am going a little stir-crazy here.

As most of you know, I like to be in control of things and to be "in charge." {I am sure all of my sisters just thought that was the understatement of the century.} It pains me to not be able to "supervise" the cleaning and junk decluttering of our future floor in my sister's house. I really want to be there so I can envision where things are going to go and how I will be organizing it all.

So it is a little hard to know we are going to be moving in like 2 1/2 weeks and essentially be doing nothing about it right now. Honestly, we shouldn't have all that much to move in the first place. But believe me, I do know what we are moving because I have made some very nice, very detailed lists. [I am definitely a list-makin' kind of gal.] But even the list didn't make me feel better. Most things we are taking are essential to our daily lives: clothing, beds, etc. And since Jared's family is coming to visit this weekend, I don't really want the house to look void of any homey touch by packing up our photos and decorations.

So here I am writing a (boring) blog post instead.

Regardless of all those reasons to wait, I just feel like I should be packing things. I need to be labeling a box or something! This afternoon the girls and I are going to go on a walk and visit the park. And then I will swing by and pick up a bunch of boxes the local businesses have been holding for me. And then I can pack up a box of photo albums. Maybe that will quench my organizational thirst - for a little while at least.

1 comment:

  1. Your second sentence is an understatement ;) But there is no need to worry because Mom and I have this handled! You should see the primed walls and cleaned basement! The primed walls already give a clean and tidy feeling and not the I-want-to-vomit feeling anymore. I am still working on the closets but I have the next 3 days off so I will be cleaning those as my study break. Also, the floors will be thoroughly cleaned once all of the fun painting is done in the rooms. I am excited to have you guys come back. I've told Gary and she is thrilled to be picked on by the girls :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.