Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blogging

I like having a blog. It's kinda fun.

I like logging in to see that people have visited my site and read the things I posted. I like to see comments.  Love comments.  I am pretty sure every blogger gets excited about comments - at least at first. It's also a small little thrill with every new follower you get. Bonus points if you don't know them in real life. {And if you like to read my site, feel free to join. Trust me, I won't think it's creepy.} It's one thing to have your mom and best friend following you, but if a random person is following you, you must be somewhat entertaining, right?

Blogging is a more personal, in-depth version of Facebook in a way.
I can post pictures of my kids with the stories behind them.
I can voice my views on subjects without pushing them on others - like this one I had to get off my chest. {Because it's my blog, and if you don't like it, feel free to not read it.}
I can post big news about the newest addition to our family.

I wish I would have started blogging earlier. I thought about it back when I was pregnant with Bailey. But at the time I didn't think I would have much to write about. (Umm... can you say "wrong"?)

The whole process of expecting a baby with a cleft lip and palate - and the tremendous amount of pregnancy hormone-induced worrying I put myself through - would have filled pages. Our experiences with the process of trial and error for feedings and selecting a surgeon and the actual surgeries themselves might have been helpful to other parents out there going through the exact same things.
It's a scary time as a mom: you worry about how others will treat your baby, how you will feel once you see her (FYI - you couldn't care less), how she will handle the surgeries, how YOU will handle the surgeries... It might not have been extremely entertaining reading, but it would have helped me air my grief at the loss of a "perfect" baby and it would have been rewarding to write that post after her birth that said, "Wow, my worry was such a waste of time."

All that being said, I realize I am not some amazing professional writer with awesome photos and sweet computer skills. {This person is. If you like reading blogs, hers is one to follow.} Quite frankly, it was a challenge for me to even update the sidebar photos of our kids. [But seriously, why can't you just upload a photo straight to it?! Clearly I so do not understand anything tech related.] I have been meaning to update my header with photos that are actually from the current year, but I haven't quite mastered that yet. And by that I mean I haven't even attempted...

Oh well. The site itself might not be the most impressive thing you've ever seen, but at least I keep my spelling and grammatical errors to a minimum. At least I hope. The whole there/their/they're thing really gets me annoyed. {It's not that tough people! Figure it out!} I enjoy blogging and the little hobby it has become. I like sharing a little bit of our world with the rest of you. I hope you enjoy it too.

1 comment:

  1. You're better than me! I just figured out how to do the whole "click HERE to see that post" thing... and I sill haven't figured out how to get a cool looking header. Someday...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.