Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all the special ladies in my life:
grandmas, mothers-in-law, a step-grandma-in-law, all my mommy friends, and especially my very own mom.

Mom and me at my wedding

Thank you Mom, for all that you have done and still do every day.
Thank you for working so hard to give all four of us girls the best life possible.
Thank you for giving me three sisters that have become my best friends. 
Thank you for home cooked meals every night around the supper table.
Thank you for never sweating the small stuff {you're a pro at that}.
Thank you for a house filled with laughter.
Thank you for a childhood out in the country many people would be envious of:
building forts, riding crashing 4-wheelers (and 3 wheelers and go-carts...), loading pigs, walking gravel roads, wading in the creek, riding beans...
[Okay, so maybe no one would be envious of the bean riding part.]

Thank you for being my mom.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Last year on Mother's Day I was served breakfast in bed {courtesy of The Nebraska Medical Center food service} and later that morning we brought Avery home from the hospital. Today is hopefully going to be a much more low-key Mother's Day...

This morning I spent a few precious minutes in bed cuddling with my three favorite people. And in all reality it was about 30 seconds of cuddling and another 10 minutes of WWE-style wrestling as both girls were flailing and flopping over each other. It was still sweet.

Later I am taking the girls to church. Then we will come back to a delicious brunch prepared by my wonderful husband, which we will enjoy with my mom and my grandma Joyce. (And my grandpa and Dad too.)



And on a totally different note, everyone should celebrate Mother's Day in the classiest way possible (not at all) by checking out the Mother Lover Video from Saturday Night Live a few years back.

It makes me laugh every single time. I think I almost peed the first time I watched it. And the 10 times I hit rewind on the DVR to watch it again and again.

{Side Note: Definitely don't click if you can't handle humor involving an occasional F-bomb. But just be aware you are totally missing out.}


Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.