Thursday, June 28, 2012

this week


Yesterday
- while laying on the couch after finishing a delicious scotch-a-roo for my afternoon snack-
I felt the baby kick for the first time.
It is truly awesome.

And while this is Baby #3, it is still just as cool the third time around as it is the first. It is both surreal and very reassuring at the same time. Those first hard kicks make it finally feel more real (while the mood swings have likely made pregnancy very real to everyone else around you quite a long time ago). I am currently in my 17th week, and I am not sure why, but it seems to be going very slowly this time around.



Today I was able to begin to repair my relationship with a close relative I literally haven't spoken to in almost two long years. You can't force understanding and there are instances where you have to let people come to terms with things on their own. Sometimes the hardest words to say are "I'm sorry" and I am thankful she took the time to call and say those exact words. It took two years, but in the end I am just glad it came.



And in other big news, we are homeowners. Again. Kinda. Sort of.

My parents are actually the ones signing on the dotted line, but we will be buying it from them once our house is sold/gone/I-don't-have-to-think-about-it-anymore. (But that is a story for another day.) They are in a position to help us out and we appreciate it more than they know.

We will officially be living on Main Street, USA.

(the picture is a little odd and makes the house look like it has stripes - so yeah, ignore that)
We are excited.

It is a 4 bedroom/2.5 bathroom house with an extra office space and separate family room. It will have more than enough room to house our rapidly expanding brood. I am also pretty pumped about the fenced-in backyard. It will be nice to turn the girls loose and know that they can not possibly get to the street no matter how hard they try. It's got a large kitchen for my Food Network-aspiring husband, and I am looking forward to a garage for both cars once Iowa winter is a reality again. 

It happened pretty fast. (Typical us. ie: we will soon have 3 kids under 3.) We close the mid-end of July. Before we know it, the rooms will be painted and we will be hanging pictures on the walls of our new home.
And Justy will have her sanity back. A win-win for all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.