Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer, where'd you go?

Where has the summer gone??? {Or as Bailey would ask, Summer, where ah you?}

I feel like I blinked and August is almost half over. I wanted way more pool days, trips to the park, and afternoons filled with no obligations.

Somewhere in the painting and moving frenzy, I feel like we lost a lot of time. And now that the haze has started to clear (ie: I no longer feel overwhelmed just walking into my own house), it feels like autumn out already! Don't get me wrong - I love nights sleeping with the windows open and the a/c off, but I am not ready to put away the tank tops and flip-flops just yet.

I realize I haven't taken many pictures of our day-to-day happenings like I usually do. I need to get back into that snap-happy habit again. Here are a few from the past weeks.


Helping Mom make cookies
{clearly the hair and outfit were done independently this day...}


Checking out the sidewalk chalk - a surprise in the mail from Grandma Cathy


Bailey and the only way she will let me put her hair up: prize-winning shih-tzu style









Swinging in the new backyard

We have been enjoying the backyard. A lot. We have become those people with toys scattered everywhere, but I am okay with it. Our porch swing from our old house has been hung and we have already sat outside and listened to the rain. (My favorite.)


Tonight I am excited for a night out.
Aunt Justy volunteered to watch the girls for us.
And while most would think it is out of the generosity of her heart or because she misses the little rug rats who broke into her room and tucked teddy bears into her bed at night, I know the truth: she wants an excuse to eat hot dogs and nasty boxed mac-n-cheese! {And watch Disney movies.}
Thanks Justy!

1 comment:

  1. I do miss coming back to the random teddy bears that were tucked into my bed. But the hot dogs and mac n cheese were delicious while watching Dumbo and An American Tale. Avery thought so too, seeing as she ate almost two hot dogs and a bowl of mac n cheese.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.