Saturday, September 8, 2012

Laughs for the day

Doesn't everybody know the things you shouldn't say to a pregnant woman?

Phrases like
"Wow, you are huge!" and "Oh, I thought you were much further along than that."
 
And words like
     "enormous".

People know this, right?

Apparently not.
I texted that question rhetorically today:
"Why do people think it's appropriate to call a pregnant woman enormous and huge?"

Beaner's reply:
Because America is going down the shitter.

Umm...okay. Yeah, I will accept that.

Thank you, Beaner, as always, for a well-timed, bluntly-stated pessimistic remark. 
I laughed.
Oh, how I love you.


I can always count on her to send me a funny link or an article I should read.
 
The latest link was to an open-post letter by the starting punter Chris Kluwe of the Minnesota Vikings to Emmert C. Burns Jr, a representative in the Maryland House of Delegates. Burns wrote a letter basically advising the owner of the Baltimore Ravens to not tolerate a player speaking out publicly about marriage equality.

My favorite website (Dlisted.com) also helped me find this gem of an article. The blogger on Dlisted uses his warning phrase NSFW (Not Suitable For Work) to alert you to avoid clicking on a link while at work; for example, looking at those recently released photos of Prince Harry nude in Vegas. 

So I am going to rate the letter NSFP (Not Suitable For Prudes). So if you can't handle a few f-bombs and a couple funny male-anatomy references, feel free to pass.
You can read the full letter here.

I just love witty, outspoken people.
{Unless it's my husband putting an over-the-top rude customer service person in their place. Then I am usually embarrassed.} 
It's a serious topic injected with some humor. And I had a good laugh.
Seriously, come on - "hot dong action"??  
That was just funny.

4 comments:

  1. I am an especial fan of "are you having twins?" nope. "are you SURE???" oh, that's right, a-hole. I AM having twins and I forgot until you reminded me. Thanks. Douche.

    Also, heart that Kluwe letter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I forgot that one! Fortunately, I haven't been asked that yet either. Hopefully no one asked you that! You were so adorable when you were pregnant. Not to mention you looked like you were carrying around a Barbie-sized baby in there.

      Delete
    2. People constantly asked me that! My belly was pretty redic...

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.