Wednesday, November 14, 2012

37 weeks

Okay, I am a day late.

But there has been nothing much to report on.
It's just the same old stuff.
We are anxiously awaiting Baby Solko #3's arrival.
I use the word anxious because after having two previous deliveries by 37 weeks, we seem to have it in our heads that this one will follow suit.

Jared especially seems to be on pins and needles waiting for me to call him with "the call." He has gone so far to put an old towel at my bedside "just in case" I need it for "easy clean-up" during the middle of the night. {Yeah, he is that ready.} My bag is packed, my pump is ready to rock 'n' roll, and sweet little baby outfits are awaiting a baby to clothe.

Today was my final ultrasound.
One last one to check baby's progress and weight.
Baby looks good. Weight was estimated to be at exactly 8 pounds, which is right around what I was guessing it would be. Baby gave us a lot of good looks at its sweet little face. And I am not gonna lie, Baby looks to be on the chubby side - at least looking at the little chipmunk cheeks.
On the ultrasound it was impossible not to notice the abundance of hair surrounding Baby's head. It was like a cute little halo of fuzz.
So in short - no bald babies for the Solkos.

I am trying not to be an overly eager pregnant woman who only thinks about when the baby in her uterus will be expelled, but it is proving to be hard this time around.
It also doesn't help that every time I call a family member lately, I don't even get a "Hi." 
I get, "Oh my God, are you in labor?!" or something to that effect.
Clearly I am not the only one with baby on the brain.

In other news, after my appointment today and some oh-so-wonderful grocery shopping, Jared and I ate supper at Perkins.
And it was Free Pie Wednesday.
Oh yes... Just what the doctor ordered...

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit -- I keep looking and waiting for the news like constantly!!! So yep, you aren't the only one with baby on the brain!

    Guess I'm living vicariously through you!

    Oh, and I'm envious of "free pie Wednesday!" Say what?? LUCKY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.