Monday, December 17, 2012

Life with Three

The days really blend into one another around here lately.

With Jared working nights and sleeping during the day, it's all up to me to manage two toddlers and a newborn. And having to sit down for at least a half hour to an hour every 3 hours to breastfeed Graham makes it a bit harder to keep tabs on both girls.
 
Granted, they find trouble no matter what I am doing.

I went to use the bathroom (total of about 2 minutes) and come out to find Avery on top of the kitchen table, eating an apple.

 
Meanwhile, Bailey took the opportunity to use the upstairs bathroom.
Which is a good thing - yay potty training!
But she decided to go #2 on her own.
 
I didn't even realize she was gone until I heard the toilet flush and Bailey yelled, "Mommy! Mommy! I went poop, Mommy!"
Seeing as she emerged from the bathroom fully dressed, I figured I would have a mess on my hands, but I didn't.
{Thank God for no-wipers.}
 
But in hindsight I wish we had never bothered with the little potty and just gone straight for the seat that sits directly on the toilet.
There is nothing I like less than using a Clorox wipe to scrub out remnants of last night's burrito supper, beans included, from the little bowl inside the little potty.
{Easily one of the least glamorous aspects of motherhood.}
 
 
Then today while I take one minute to address an envelope to put in the mail, Avery climbs on the same table to peel every single banana in the fruit stand.
And, of course, take one bite from every one.
Apparently it was snack time.
 
Meanwhile Bailey is attempting to unwrap the present I have sitting out to mail to Jared's mom.
 
And where is Jared during all this you might ask?
Taking a nap.
I am not joking.


Honestly, I didn't realize how easy I had it with just two kids.
And one kid - talk about a cake walk!


Thankfully there are some moments of calm.
Sunday afternoon was perfect:
a full belly,
football on t.v.,
a cozy blanket,
and a snuggle with a cuddly Baby.



I am trying my hardest not to become that mom. You know, the one who is always yelling.
But it is really hard some days.
Especially with Bailey.
I am not sure what it is; whether it's the change of having a baby in the house or just the continuing Terrible Twos.
It's so frustrating to have your previously (modestly) well-behaved child become a whiny little monster!

A 2 year-old is hard enough to deal with.
Adding in a curious 19-month old and a mama running short on sleep doesn't make it any prettier.

All I gotta say is that Jared better make this a very short nap...

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey!!! someone come and help you right?

    I had to laugh at the banana ordeal hahaha Totally not really a big deal, but with all that going on, I probably would have went "WHAT THE HELL!!!" haha

    Thank GOD Bailey pooped in the toilet ... by herself ... and no no no mess! That would've been the icing on the cake that day haha

    Keep breathing mama - your doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Avery eating an apple on top of the table! I will be home soon to play with the two wild girls and snuggle with Graham. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I laughed out loud at the banana thing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.