Friday, December 6, 2013

Five on Friday

It's the Five on Friday link-up!



1. I am loving getting the mail this month. Seeing all the sweet faces of our friends and their kids (or pets) really makes my day. I honestly thought I had been an overachiever this year. I had our cards ordered and addressed, all ready to go, and I waited to mail them because I thought it might be too early. Well we got our first three cards in the mail that day, so I decided it was safe to mail them out.

2. I am done Christmas shopping. Like done-done. And said purchases are all wrapped too.
Yeah, I'm bragging.
It is a great feeling to know we can just enjoy the rest of the month now. How people can handle the pressure of buying gifts on Christmas Eve Day is just way beyond me.

3. Jared has been a bit MIA lately, mostly working in the basement. He has had quite a few orders from his little Etsy side business. Our cousin has an old barn/corn crib that is being torn down bit by bit. Jared has been using that wood and making signs out of it. It's a win-win for everybody. Free wood for Jared and a little less of the barn for my cousin to tear down. This is his latest creation.

4. Our kids have watched a few Christmas movies this season. (Wow, I am having lots of Christmas thoughts today....) They were pretty taken with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, even if their dad can't appreciate its 1960s awesome-ness.
Graham sat still for all of two minutes.
His new birthday toys are much more interesting.

5. I have to admit that my kids have never met Santa Claus.
(I know, I know. What kind of mother am I?)
Last year I had plans to take them during the winter celebration in our town. Well turns out I had a baby that day instead. Whoops.
And this year, that same annual celebration is the same day that my younger sis graduates with her Master's degree in Education. (Go Beaner!) So we will be missing out again. And as much as I would like to take them, I just don't know that I have it in me to brave the mall on a weekend.
So... *fingers crossed*...  next year?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry the kiddos have to miss seeing Santa because of me, but I am SO happy you are coming that weekend. I have the best family. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.