Wednesday, February 19, 2014

4 years ago

Last night I was getting ready for bed and I happened to glance at the clock. 
10:25
At almost that exact moment four years ago, I was jumping out of bed in surprise, scaring the daylights out of my husband, as my water broke everywhere. And I do mean everywhere.

It was the most surreal experience of my life.
What? Now? It's too early! Is this really happening?! 
We weren't expecting to meet our first born for another three weeks.

As with any new parents, we were anxious to lay eyes on our baby. 
Were we having a boy or girl? 
What would he or she look like?  
We were anxious to know if he or she was okay. 
And along with those normal curiosities, we also had other questions, questions pertaining to our baby's cleft diagnosis as well as the fact that my due date was exactly 4 weeks away.

Bailey Marie was born in the wee hours of February 19th and all our questions were answered.
We had a baby girl.
She had big blue eyes and, according to my family, her daddy's forehead.
She was healthy.
She had a cleft palate as well as lip.
She weighed over 7 lbs at 36 weeks - no concerns there!

I didn't get those precious first moments to snuggle her or snap a just-born photo. I got a quick glance as the nurses whisked her away to the NICU. 

And when I finally got to hold her almost 18 hours later, 
I couldn't believe how much I could love a person I had just met.


Or how that love could just keep growing and growing.
But it does.


Happy 4th Birthday, sweet Bailey Boo!


Past birthdays:
Bailey turns 3
Bailey turns 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.