Tuesday, April 21, 2015

sisters' weekend 2015

This past Friday-Saturday-Sunday was spent at the 3rd Annual Ellis Sisters' Weekend
And yes, it's just as glamorous as it sounds.

We met in Omaha this year. 
And this mom was more than ready for the escape.

 We met up for drinks at a wine bar before dinner on Friday night.

Then we ate at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. And it was delicious. 
As a first-timer, I was slightly picked on.
I wish there was video evidence of all the tossed shrimp pieces I caught in my mouth, but alas, there is not.


Saturday morning we woke bright and early to partake in a 5k walk/run in support of Child Abuse Prevention - a cause that is near and dear to all of our hearts.
We walked most of the race as planned, with a sprint toward the end as it was beginning to rain heavily just as we crossed the finish line. 

The afternoon was spent shopping. 
Side note: H&M is my new fave.


We checked into our downtown hotel later on. 
It wasn't the best. (See also: my shitty TripAdvisor review)

The chlorine and chemical levels in the hot tub should not make you feel like your eyes might be bleeding after 10 minutes.  But hey, I'm no expert.

And now for the yearly photos:







And this last one is so ridiculous, clearly only the sister wearing a shirt of a cat in glasses could have requested it.

Also, it sucks being the one holding out the camera - No, I actually don't prefer that extra chin and non-existent neck thankyouverymuch - and I vote Justy does it next year.

Although I think this one might be my favorite of the weekend.
Love the unbridled annoyance, Beaner.

2 comments:

  1. Such an awesome tradition! You guys look all close in age. I also have three sisters, and we get along awesome (though the closest we've done to a weekend is a spa outing). We do monthly sibling dinners but include our poor brother too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously the best tradition EVA!

    Sounds like it was an awesome weekend of bonding, fun and yes ... escape! haha

    The pictures are the best. You are all such gorgeous blue-eyed beauties! I wouldn't have fit in with my short ass (well, compared to you tall giants) and brown eyes. Boo!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.