Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Solko family randoms

Nothing new and noteworthy has taken place around here recently. We're just hanging out, hoping that these beautiful 70º temps stick around.

Here's a quick snapshot of our last week.

Yes, Batman sucks his thumb and uses his pliers instead of a cape in a pinch.

Giddy up.
Hello Kitty and cowgirl boots are clearly a "do."
Right, Glamour magazine?


This little honey has been all about playing mom to Bun-Bun. 
Overheard last week, my personal favorite:
"Ugh, this kid is driving me crazy!"


Jared's dad and step-mom were in town for a one-day visit this past weekend.
Tiny picnic table? Check.
Shades. Check.
Cheetos. Check.
There you have it, folks - the recipe for toddler happiness.


In other random news, I'm still training for that 5k. In fact it's going well enough that I'm hoping to actually run my first ever race next month sometime. I completed the 20 minute run yesterday and it was not nearly as painful as I feared. I get a pretty awesome feeling of achievement upon finishing each time, so it feels worth it. 

Also...my cast should be coming off today. Hooray! It's not that I'm all that excited to get off the sidelines and back on dish duty, but this thing is kind of a drag. Mainly I need it off so I can enjoy myself thoroughly at the 3rd annual Sisters' Weekend. And it's this weekend - eeeek!

We are spending the weekend in Omaha this time - doing a 5k walk/run Saturday morning and spending a night in a downtown hotel. I'm excited to get away for a day or two and spend time with some of my best friends. 
See ya soon, sisters!

Sisters' Weekend: 2014
Sisters' Weekend: 2013

1 comment:

  1. Your son sucks his thumb like my kiddo (two hands and everything). Have fun at your sister's outing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.