Thursday, April 28, 2016

4th Annual Sisters' Overnight

Formerly called the Sisters' weekend, this was a one-nighter.

Per usual, we got a hotel room and then found random things to do.
Like take odd-ass pictures on the hotel bed.
Because a doggie pile photo has to turn out great, right?!



Beaner came up with a new idea that we were all game to try. It's a place called Entrap Games in Omaha.
The premise is that you are trapped in a room with your group and you have to solve the clues in order to escape within the 60 minute time frame. 

We chose "The Cure" room, which had a 55% solve rate.
We were locked in and had to find the vial containing the cure to a deadly virus and escape the room before we were found.

Before going in we (drank a beer and) took bets on whether or not we would solve it within the 60 minutes. Everyone but Beaner was mildly confident that we would get it accomplished. I wasn't exactly sure, but fake-it-till-you-make-it sounded like a good enough idea to me.

It was a ton of fun. It was a bit awkward to start because we didn't exactly know how to even start, but once we got going, we were really in the zone. We worked really well together as a team.
And -shocker!- we solved it with 24 minutes to spare!

It was such a good time that I would definitely do another room again sometime. Maybe even a harder one. It is definitely the perfect activity for my inner Nancy Drew nerd. (I think I read every single one of those books as a kid.) I highly recommened it to any other Nancy Drew nerds out there.

That night we tried to use the hot tub and found it a steamy 80 degrees. Apparently we have bad hot tub luck. (See also Trip 2015.)

The rest of the trip just involved the usual laughing and eating. 
Every time we get together, I leave feeling very thankful that I was blessed with sisters.


Sisters Getaway 2015
Sisters Getaway 2014
Sisters Getaway 2013

2 comments:

  1. ya'll girls are amazing!
    Kudos to solving the room -- and so fast!!
    You beautiful, INTELLIGENT, beasts!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.