This week was the Calhoun County fair.
Yesterday was the last day of events and it included mud volleyball. My cousin Matt and my sisters formed a team which included Jared, Alicia (Matt's girlfriend), and a few friends.
Meet the team:
The Bumpin' Amish
A few fake beards (one real!), a couple aprons, and some stoic faces
and you've got yourself some high-class Amish country folk!
{Best costume winners by the way.}
I was pretty jealous - and no, not just of the hot costumes. I like playing mud volleyball and look forward to being on the team next year, when I don't have a needy 7 month-old.
The team definitely didn't do so hot game-wise, but they sure drank just as well as anyone else. :)
The rest of the week included a parade, complete with free root beer and creamsicle floats.
We toured the animal barns a few times. The girls took to calling it the zoo. Not really, but whatever floats their boats. Bailey particularly enjoyed the donkeys. (At least I think they are donkeys. Now that I think of it... I am not quite sure!)
On Saturday Jared set up a table for the flea market. The downpour of rain toward the beginning didn't do much for the crowd, plus it was the first year for it. He sold a few things, but not as much as we had hoped. Oh well, better luck next year, maybe?







Your kids are so gorgeous...especially that pic of Avery, oh my gosh! I love Jared's stuff, if I lived closer I'd be commissioning all sorts of goodies!
ReplyDelete