Wednesday, October 14, 2015

FALL{ing into leaves}

I know, I know. Write it down. 
After practically months of radio silence, I am writing three posts in one week. 

Part of the motivation is that I've taken more photos. Something about the changing of seasons, I seem to get the camera out more. You're doing exciting new things, whether it's toddlers donning bathing suits or snowsuits or listening to squeals as kids jump in piles of leaves. Which is precisely what we did yesterday.






We had a nice pile of leaves thanks to a huge wind storm earlier this week. Our leaves hold on until there is snow on the ground - no lie - and I will be out there raking them up in about, say, 6 weeks. Until then we used all the neighbors' that had conveniently blown in our yard.

And real quick, can we talk about this missing-tooth smile? 
Our big girl lost her first tooth this past weekend while biting into her favorite snack - an apple. 

And some mad props to the Tooth Fairy (Fairies?) who remembered to show up Saturday night despite being at a bachelor/bachelorette until 2 in the morning. Only one slight hiccup: she just forgot to take the tooth with her when she left, so she had to make a repeat trip the next night so the tooth could be added to her collection. Hey, no harm, no foul.

6 comments:

  1. Haha loved that bit about the tooth. Our kiddo also has a loose tooth so I'm just waiting for it to fall out! They look adorable though without teeth, though, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of camera do you have?! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Nikon Rebel T3i that we got back in 2011 as a present from Jared's mom. It's been a great camera. I have zero complaints.

      I usually use the auto mode because I haven't been all that interested in real photography, but the sports mode really helps capture fun shots like kids jumping in leaves. Jared loves messing around with it and using all the actual functions on it. I'm happy to just get photos taken, uploaded, edited, and ordered. Who has time to actually learn how to properly use it?! lol

      Delete
    2. Macie, It's a Canon Rebel, not Nikon

      Delete
  3. That hair picture!! Haha the after effects of a great leaf jump! We do not have leaves like this, boo! I wish! Definitely props to the tooth fairy in your neck of the woods. She forgets in our home on a pretty regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know - I am sure we will drop the ball somewhere down the line with three kids! What is your tooth fairy's usual excuse? Is she overworked? ;)

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.