Saturday, May 21, 2016

run, Bailey, run!

We all survived elementary track & field day.
Just barely. 

I enjoyed it. I get a kick out of the little kids. You can tell which ones are already super competitive and which ones are laid back. A stray toddler ran on to the track to run after a relative. Many shoes went flying as their owners wove in and out of lanes during that long 50 meter sprint. It was entertaining.

Bailey was excited to run, but I think she was more focused on trying to locate us in the stands than on her actual race.

Speaking of the stands...
Graham.
He barely survived the track meet.
Have I mentioned that this kid is adventurous with zero fear?

As the races were finishing up, we sat next to a friend in the stands. She was telling me that her son was afraid of the bleachers because she warned him that he could fall through if he wasn't careful. I'd already told Graham the same thing, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to reiterate. 
Not even 60 seconds later, Graham fell off the 2nd-top-the-top row of bleachers, looking like a game of pinball all the way down to the bottom where he hung above the ground by his elbow.

That was game over. He didn't come back from that one. Although he wasn't really hurt, he was already tired from missing his nap, and the fall just added insult to injury. Off he went, home with Jared. 

There were no winners at the track meet. No one was measuring or keeping tally of anything, which was nice. They all just got to try their hands at the different running and field events, and everyone was having a good time.

Bailey did well at long jump, although I missed her best jump since I was dealing with the injured 3 year-old climber.

That long, curly ponytail makes me smile.


The day finished up with some tug-of-war competitions.
I am not exaggerating when I say that Bailey took this very seriously.
I've never seen her so competitive. 
She went straight to beast mode. 
She was pulling on that rope so hard, she started basically stealing rope from the other team and ended up near the middle of the entire rope by the end. Her enthusiasm got a lot of laughs from the crowd, and she was beaming with pride when her team won.

It's a good thing that it was enjoyable because we have a lot of these days in our future.

1 comment:

  1. Can we just talk about these actions shots for a moment?

    First, the one of B running? I'm almost CERTAIN I saw this same pose in America's Next Top Model! That picture is perfection. Even down to how she has her head turned.

    Secondly, she looks like a pro doing long jump. Quite impressive!

    And lastly, I <3 those curls too. Bit partial to the curls ;)

    And poor Graham. How scary. No doubt your heart was in your throat. Sooooo glad he was ok. Geez! Terrible!

    I bet the tug-of-war was awesome! hahaha I can picture B now ... grrrrrr ... back off biatches! I got this!!! hahaha

    Next time we need uploaded video lady! :)))

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.