Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wait... I want July back!

Summer is going by way too fast. And I know it can't be just me looking at the calendar and the approaching month of August and wanting to press pause on the life DVR button. 

We spent all last week at the lake cabin like we do every year.
This year the weather left a little to be desired. I know that typically adults (yep, not including myself in the adult category right now) like it cooler out, but come on, it's a week at the lake! I wanted some swimming and boating and tiny shovels in the sand along the water. I was hoping for the desire to escape the heat by hopping into the lake at midnight after a few drinks with the cousins.
It was in the 60s some days. There were times when we needed sweatshirts and pants on to sit outside in the shade in the afternoon! 
Redic. 

And because of that I have very few pictures. We did a lot of eating - no surprise there - and we took quite a few bike rides. The weather was phenomenal for that. We did some boating but I never felt the urge to even put on a swimsuit. It was never hot enough. 

We did however play some badminton - us adult kids are all slowly improving - and the little kids enjoyed the nearby playground as often as possible. 

We had our annual cousins' night too which coincided with Justy's birthday. Some beer darts and other games were played and copious amounts of cheese balls and chicken strips were consumed, but since no one went down a Christian Bible Camp water slide at 1 AM, I think we classed it up a bit this year.


Back at home we have been taking it easy. This past week the kids slept in more than they ever have before in their lives and I was right there with them.

There isn't too much on the agenda for the rest of the week. 
But we do have sweet corn. And to my kids it is like the Holy Grail of food.

Graham had his first ever taste of corn on the cob tonight.
Hey, it's an Iowa rite of passage.


2 comments:

  1. I feel like Graham grew up overnight!! He's so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm corn! Yes Graham, I often feel the same way when I eat it! I think I could easily eat 2-3 at a time (along with other food of course! haha)

    And I agree, I was disappointed about the lack of swimming this year etc. Our pool is pretty decent size and HELLO! I don't want to get it and never stop having goosebumps??

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.