Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

It has been a pretty low-key Thankgiving for the Solko tribe. Jared had to work today. It was an extra wonderful holiday workday for him since the sewer backed up and the entire place smelled like....well, you get the idea. {He probably thought he was back on 5 West!} Thankfully he was able to leave at 2 this afternoon, so we loaded up and headed to my parent's place. Packing with two children and a new puppy is frankly just a lot of work, especially when you are doing it by yourself. I feel like I spent the whole morning trying to make sure I didn't forget anything. (Bailey's bun-bun: check. Stash of breastmilk: check. Sanity: not sure...)

The drive turned out to be the best part of the day. Avery finally took a nap and Bailey was cooperative for the most part. About every half an hour she would wake up Avery by getting in her face and yelling "boo!" at her, which of course made Bailey laugh and laugh. Once we got to my parent's house, everything was good for awhile. But then our typical Ellis loudness kicked in and we were done for. Avery apparently likes things quiet and mellow. [The exact opposite of the Ellis household.] We sat down for Thanksgiving dinner and the screaming began in ernest. The only thing that would stop the waterworks was a spoon from the table. She sucked and gnawed on that spoon for about 30 minutes. {Hey, whatever it takes to give me enough time to shovel in some turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes!}

So right now on this Thanksgiving I am thankful for the silence of a sleeping baby.

And a good game of euchure. And some wine. And leftover pumpkin pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.