Saturday, November 12, 2011

Horray for date night!

Last weekend I was at home with the girls while Jared worked. Bailey wasn't being the most well-behaved, and that is putting it mildly. In my desperation I texted my sister Fe (government name: Felicia) and begged her to please please please watch our children on Saturday so we could go do something sans children. Thankfully she agreed. So now for two girls, we will have three babysitters: Fe, my other sister Beaner (given name: Catrina) and our friend Jodie (Fe's roommate).  The fact that I will be able to leave the house with Jared and know that there is no possibility of thrown-up breastmilk being on my shirt when I return: Priceless. Just the knowledge of this night out has given me a better attitude this week. It's kept me going! 

We can barely remember the last time we went out without the girls. With the exception of summer weddings and all that comes with them (showers, rehearsal dinner, and the actual weddings), I think the last time we went out just Jared and I was back when Avery was in the NICU. And obviously I looked amazing in what was probably a nursing tank top, sweatpants, and flip flops. Wow ... sexy... 

Don't get me wrong, they are our kids and it is no one else's obligation to watch them for us, but occasionally isn't that what grandparents are for? ;)  My sisters love to watch the girls, but I know they have lives too and we try not to impose on that. [But seeing as they teach Bailey great things like how to scream {Justy}, "get low" while dancing {Beaner}, and "pound it" {Fe}, they should probably babysit a bit more often.] 

I am glad our girls have such wonderful aunts to look up to and have fun with.
    
Aunt Fe
Aunt Beaner
Aunt Justy
Being a parent is hard work. I am glad we are able to work opposite days and stay home with our kids. {It's also a nice perk to avoid the expense of daycare!} But sometimes you just need to get away for a few hours and remember you were a person before you became a parent. So here's to a nice night out. Now let's just hope we can think of something else to talk about besides the kids.  :)


1 comment:

  1. You are so blessed but also very busy V...So glad your sisters love u and so close. I know your mom adores those little girls and wishes she or you were closer!!We LOVE being in the same town with Kasey, Mandy and Cavan and her folks are too..plus her sister..so they are spoiled!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.