Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

There isn't much to say other than that Christmas was a success. We all ate entirely too much food (sugar cookies and prime rib to be exact) and had a good time with family.

Have I mentioned how much I love these three people?


Bailey was really into the gifts ... for all of about two minutes. Both Bailey and Avery's piles of gifts were huge. Much more than any child - under 2 especially - needs. But aunts and grandmas don't necessarily care much about needs. We are lucky to have family members that buy them both needed clothing and fun things [sidenote to Aunt Fe: the baby Jordans are in this category!]


I noticed two different styles for opening presents:

Slow and neat:


OR...

Rip it open with your two teeth!:



The entire family was able to get together at my Grandma Joyce and Grandpa Ronnie's house for dinner on Christmas afternoon. There are only 17 of us total, but seeing as we are all so quiet and polite... well, most people would probably need earplugs. We do a grab bag exchange/game every year and it gets a little competitive. Unfortunately, I ended up getting robbed of my 4-packs of mini wine bottles, but at least I didn't get the peanut multi-pack that ends up in the mix every year!


The annual Weiss grandkids photo


There was so much extra stuff in the car on the way home, I am surprised the hatch door even closed! We are truly blessed and definitely not just in the material way. We are blessed to be able to spend time with our families all year round - not just at Christmas. Thank you Jesus for your blessings. And happy birthday, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.