Friday, May 2, 2014

summer bucket list 2014

Summer is quickly approaching and I don't know about you, but we have had warm weather thoughts on the brain for weeks. We have lots of things we want to do this summer. Some we have done before or do every year (spend week at the cabins with family, boating) and some are things we want to do for the first time (visit Okoboji, host a 4th of July get-together). 

Two years ago I saw the idea to create a seasonal family bucket list so I made one of my own. I have done a couple others, but it always seems like summer and fall are the times when I have more items on our fun to-do list.

Yesterday I did a short brainstorming session and came up with a few ideas for our Summer Bucket List board. I wanted to pick things that we wouldn't be doing by default like we do every year - like watching a parade or swimming at the lake. I am hoping some fun ideas of things to do will help us not waste a free day or even just an afternoon; instead we can go about checking an item off our list.


Most of them are easily do-able, even if a little planning is involved. 
The "spend a night in a camper" one is the one I am feeling a little doubtful about. 
I can't imagine a night in a camper with three young children will be very restful. 
Or even fun. 
Probably memorable... just maybe not in a good way!
But I am willing to try since Jared is all for it.

The girls are already excited for a few of the activities. They have already started asking when we can go have a picnic at a park. And Avery will be receiving a kite for her birthday, so I know that kite-flying will be a frequent feature in the upcoming weeks. Now that our kids are another year older and we aren't slaves to nap times and routine quite as much, I hope that we can do even more fun things together. 

I have two blank spots. 
Any fun activities I didn't think of?
Please feel free to share any ideas in the comments. :)

1 comment:

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.