Saturday, November 24, 2012

No News

...is not necessarily good news.

Especially when you are impatient.

I am still hanging out. Pregnant. Large. Uncomfortable. (You get the drift.)
And getting slightly anxious since Wednesday's appointment put a c-section on the schedule for Monday morning.
Baby officially has less than 48 hours left to make its move.

We've been keeping busy though.
Thanksgiving has come and gone.
We spent Thanksgiving Day at my parent's house with my sisters. I stuffed myself on the usual Turkey Day food and indulged in an extra piece of pecan pie. Then that of course was followed by the usual food coma nap.

Yesterday we had our celebration with my mom's side of the family. We did soup and sandwiches and everybody got a chance to comment on the large butterball displayed around my middle.
(Not to mention the two hams I am passing off as my feet nowadays.)

And to add to the fun, Avery has been sick and whiny and damn-near unbearable. Tylenol seems to help for about an hour and a half and then she is back to being inconsolable.

So most of this week has been divided between tears and screams and this:


Clearly the second option is way better.

Also yesterday I forced the Christmas spirit upon our house.
The Thanksgiving decorations are down and Christmas is in full swing. We put on some festive tunes and Jared enjoyed stringing the garland around the staircase. {Which is a total lie; that is his least favorite job ever.} All the snowmen and Santas are on display and the tree is lit.

All that's left are some outside lights to hang (also falling under Jared's job description) and personalized stockings to order once Baby is here and the name is set in stone.

I love Christmas and the decorations around the house. I am excited for an excuse to drink hot chocolate - heavy on the mini marshmallows - and I would even welcome a little snow on the ground in a few weeks. After all, I am going to have a big excuse to stay planted on the couch wrapped up in a blanket with my own miniature human heater. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving minus the whiny baby and no NEW baby! :| We had a whiny one ourselves...argh! makes you NUTS!

    I'm hoping and praying - and praying and hoping - you have the little one today or at the very least are dilating etc by tomorrow!

    Hang in there honey!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.