Monday, August 26, 2013

1st Day of Preschool

Our little 3 year-old is off to school!

And from this picture you might assume that she was super excited to pose for the mandatory first day of school photo.
You would be dead wrong.
There were tears and pouting, and I basically had to threaten her to even get her to look at the camera. Thankfully she shaped up and showed her true enthusiasm at being able to escape the house (and me) and go play with her friends at school.

Photobombed!
this seriously cracked me up.
 
We headed to school and Avery was more than willing to help Bailey pose for pictures.
 
 
We walked into the building, and Bailey rushed toward her classroom. She threw off her backpack, sat down at the table, picked out a puzzle, and she was set. She gave me a kiss goodbye and didn't even so much as glance in my direction as I left.
No hesitation to get involved.
No anxiety over me leaving.
No worry at all.
 
Avery was another story.
She smiled, sat down at the table beside Bailey, and told me, "I play school, Mom."
No, sorry Avery.
Crying ensued and shoes went flying when I picked her up to go.
"I need my sister!" she screamed pitifully as I forced her to leave.
She cried and cried all the way to the car.
 
Geez, a whole three hours apart. How will they ever survive?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.