Friday, May 18, 2012

Solko: Party of Five

Yep, that's right. You read correctly...

Party of Five.

Introducing Solko Baby #3

baby at 9 week ultrasound a few weeks ago


And to the most common first question we've been asked {"Are you kidding?!"}, the answer is:
No, we aren't kidding.
There is really a baby brewing in there.
(And for anyone who has seen me lately, you can probably tell. But in my defense, this is Baby #3 after all.)

And to the other question people are probably thinking and just kind enough not to ask out loud {"Are you crazy?!"}, the answer is most likely Yes.
But we tend to just go for it. [Kind of like: Graduate, get married, move, honeymoon, and start new jobs within the same month.]  
Apparently it's our M.O. 

 Baby #3's due date is November 27th or December 4th - depending on whether you put stock into the whole dating-by-ultrasound route. Regardless, baby will not make it to December  due to me being a type 1 diabetic. (Most high-risk OBs won't let diabetic pregos go past 39 weeks.) Plus if Baby #3 is anything like the first two, he/she will aim for an early appearance. 

We are planning on another surprise, just like Bailey was. We had a hard time picking girl names the last time around, so maybe we will be spared from choosing a third time and this one will be a boy... Although if Jared is as lucky as my dad was, I won't be holding my breath... But in the end, I would be delighted with a healthy baby who doesn't require any type of NICU stay.

So far I have been feeling great. No morning sickness and only minor mood swings (although I may be in denial - ask Justy if you want an honest opinion).  My only real symptom is fatigue, which I have just as bad as I did with Bailey. I have also experienced cravings for the first time ever. LOVE me some Wendy's dollar menu items. And it's a very good thing the nearest Wendy's is 30 minutes away.

I can't complain about the first trimester; it's treated me well. But since I get the privilege of checking my blood sugar like 10 times a day and enduring twice weekly non-stress tests starting at 32 weeks, I deserve a symptom-free pregnancy. Right? ;)
 
 
Overall, we are excited to be adding another baby into our already chaotic lives. I have had a few moments of "What the hell were we thinking?!" here and there, especially when all I want to do is nap and Bailey has other plans {like covering her room in diaper cream}. But I know when November rolls around, we will be happy.
Deliriously tired, but happy.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys! I have baby fever... but considering we already have 5 people crammed into a 2 bedroom house... I better wait. We are planning on making our way over to see you guys soon. We will have to make some plans! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! And a play date would be awesome! The girls are always so fascinated by other kids since they are usually stuck with me and Jared. :) And I give you a lot of credit with the 2-bedroom house thing. We only have 2 bedrooms now while we are living with my sister, and I miss the extra space sometimes (aka when Bailey decides she doesn't want to nap, throws a fit, and wakes up Avery). Let me know if you want to venture up this way!

      Delete
  2. I'm excited for u already....I had 3 boys in 3 1/2 years it was great .....I Loved every minute of it....u will be busy .....but it really is a blessing ....can't wait to meet u and the kids tom.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.