Tuesday, October 30, 2012

35 weeks

{or 36 weeks if going by my original dates...}



It's going so fast.

Bailey made her grand debut at 36 weeks exactly.
And she weighed over 7 pounds.
So that goes to explain why when Baby moves it looks like a tidal wave of limbs rolling to the other side in my stomach.

I would like to pretend that the extra weight I have gained in the past week or so has been going directly to Baby. But it obviously isn't. It is going to my now-enormous ankles - easily a +4 on the pitting edema scale - and is creating a truly outstanding double chin. And Jared had to go and point out that I will look even more amazing once they pump me full of IV fluids. Can't wait.

But I can't complain about much else.
I still sleep great. I have to change position every time Baby changes sides because its little butt gets wedged uncomfortably high. But even that isn't a big deal. With a husband that works nights, I get a big ol' bed all to myself. Plus the girls have been sleeping in until 8 or 8:30 every morning -which is absolute heaven.
I am still waddling around just fine. I might look like I just had hip surgery when I get up from sitting too long, but at least I am moving! And tennis shoes? Forget about it. Flip flops are my friend and will be until there is snow on the ground, no matter how many comments I get from old people at the grocery store.

Baby's eventual name is still a work in progress. 
I know. Huge surprise, right?
We have it narrowed down to two options (I think?) for the girl name. The boy name... not so much.
Inspiration really needs to strike. And soon.

2 comments:

  1. I had to come look at this post again...I didn't see the pic of your beautiful self yesterday when I read it!!! Oh my gosh u are the cutest EVER!!! Its TOTALLY CREEPY, but I wish I could rub and feel ur tummy. I'm always going to be sad that I didn't get that...You look fantastic. It'll be anyday now :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie. It helps that Jared is a smart man and knows to take pictures at a downward angle. ;) I totally wouldn't be creeped out by a good belly rub. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. And I know what you mean - nothing compares to rubbing your over-extended stomach and feeling a little life squirm around in there.

      Delete

I love comments. Seriously, LOVE them.
So go ahead and let me know what you think.